Seattle Seahawks' John Schneider Ranks First Among NFL GM's Seattle Sports Central
John Schneider has earned the title of “Greatest GM in the NFL,” at least from one publication.
It would be hard to find another front office employee on any NFL team that has had as remarkable run as Schneider since joining the Seattle Seahawks in 2010.
Since missing the playoffs in their first year together, Pete Carroll and John Schneider have transformed the team, moving them into the elite class of the league.
How the former Green Bay Packers assistant has managed to just now be recognized is a crime with his amazing track record in previous years. Late draft steals like Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor, along with recently extended QB Russell Wilson are the primary reason for Seattle’s success in making it deep into the playoffs the past three years.
- Seattle Mariners: Adam Lind trade is very close
- Seattle Seahawks All-Time Sack Leaders
- Jimmy Graham’s season over, Luke Willson next man up
- Seahawks 2016 Pro Bowl voting open
- Seattle Mariners and Miami Marlins talking Marcell Ozuna blockbuster?
So what’s the reason for the recent recognition?
Bringing in the NFL’s second-best TE in Jimmy Graham for what ended up being the 31st overall pick and a Pro Bowl center who started just a handful of games would do the trick. The move seemed to have helped solidify the Seahawks as favorites to reach the Super Bowl yet again.
Rounding out the top five:
- John Schneider, Seattle Seahawks
- Ozzie Newsome, Baltimore Ravens
- Ted Thompson, Green Bay Packers
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- John Elway, Denver Broncos